Severe Behavior Infractions
Sexual/Racial Harassment - Centralia School Board Policy 5147.7 states: Each individual has the right to learn in an atmosphere that promotes equal educational opportunity, and is free from discriminatory practices. Every student who violates this policy will be subject to discipline, up to and including expulsion.
Education Code, Section 48900 – Includes the following sections, as summarized below:
- Threatens or causes physical injury to another person
- Disrupts school activities
- Willfully defies the authority of school personnel
- Engages in habitual profanity or vulgarity
- Steals school property or private property
- Causes damage to school property or private property, including vandalism and/or tagging
- Possesses, uses, provides, or sells one or more of the following: tobacco, alcohol, drugs, weapons, or dangerous objects.
Any pupil who violates one or more of the above sections will receive one or more of the following consequences: in-school suspension, loss of privileges, suspension, Saturday work program, alternative placement. The student may also be recommended to the Board of Trustees for expulsion.